Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Wanted: Plain and Simple


I love you.

Those three little words. So easy to say, so complicated to fulfill.

We often say I love you when we really meant I like you. Lovers just say I love you amidst a quarrel when they ought to say I’m sorry. Struggling married couples thought that by just simply saying I love you once more will make every troubles go away.

The depth of words is so powerful that these should not be mistaken as some tool in order to save one’s self from sticky situations that he has put upon himself. Feeling is necessary to truly extend one’s message. Irresponsibly uttering words like I love you for different reasons does not make things easier but the other way around. Because the words that we speak diverge from what we really mean, everyone involved gets confused and leads us to no progress.

Such dilemma is the reason why I hate rhetorically inclined people and the frivolous words they wear on their sleeves. They dress up reality with such beautiful yet deceitful words, confusing people deprived of experience and critic. I sincerely believe that words are fascinating gifts given to humans for the better understanding and development of his own race.

When such blessings are abused, the price is difficult to pay. It has been only after paying for such upshot that I learned an important lesson in life – ‘Wag mo ng sabihin kung di mo ibig sabihin. Don’t say it when you don’t really mean it.

No comments: