Friday, April 30, 2010

terrifying future

As I closed a chapter in my life, it is inevitable that I start a new one as I continue breathing and my heart continues beating.

I look forward to what lies ahead in the future but at the same time, I can't help but feel scared, terrified, of the uncertainties presented by the unknown. It was just recently that I successfully pulled myself and my heart together again. Obviously, I don't want to get lost nor heartbroken all over again.

Yet what will be the point of living if I don't even bother risk everything?

I want to continue and be brave for whatever, whoever, comes. As of now, I'm still uncertain if I am already at that optimum point but as a first step towards that goal, I acknowledge the fact that I'm actually scared.

Recently, I find inspiration in the song "Terrified" written by Kara DioGuardi. I first heard this over at YouTube.com sang by Didi Benami for American Idol. It was hypnotic. Warms my heart. :)

"You by the light is the greatest find. In a world full of wrong, you're the thing that's right. Finally made it through the lonely, to the other side. You set it again, my heart's in motion. Every word feels like a shooting star. I'm at the edge of my emotions... and I'm in love. And I'm terrified for the first time and the last time in my only life.

...And nothing's worse than knowing your holding back. I could be all that you need if you let me try... I only said it 'cause I mean it... 'Cause it's true... 'Cause it keeps me up and holds me close
whenever I'm without you."

Hopefully, we all find courage this summer season. ;)

1 comment:

Chad said...

Ia, those two posts are nice to hear from you. Glad for you ;D.

@comments on mine*
Nasa Mt. Makiling kami for our CWTS-Rappel finals.

==============================
*Sorry. Nalibing ang comment mo sa inbox ko na napuno ng mailing lists. Ngayon ko lang nabasa nang naglinis ako ehehe >:D