Monday, May 23, 2011

Promised Memories

Back in preschool, somebody told me that I am special. I responded with a toothy, childish grin because I believed.

Elementary days came by and someone said that I'm capable of great things. I held on to it.

My teen spirit wanted to run free. But you said that I should wait. I did.

Long years are gone and we're almost at the finish line. Yet you say, forget everything.

It's breaking my heart. Because for so long, I placed my faith in you only to hear you say it's over.

They say there's beauty in waiting. But it pains me to realize that I was made to wait for nothing.

Perhaps it's foolish to continue holding on. It's all I have.

I have waited this long. Maybe a few more years wouldn't hurt so bad.

Though it's useless if I'm the only one who's all in.

I'm not closing any doors because I remember you telling me that we'll always be together.

Hopefully, it's not yet forgotten. Because I don't mind returning to dust if we're all together.

Forever.

No comments: