Tuesday, December 27, 2011

On the past and the present it made

I started this blog around 2005 as a daring teen, looking for a space of my own.

The things I've seen, the places I've been to, the people who touched my life (both positive and negative)--I have shared some of them here. Not to mention my usual occasional rambling-filled entries, this site is indeed me.

But when I read some random entries from way back, I couldn't help but think, "I really wrote this?"

If I have to describe the feeling, I suppose that it wouldn't be much different from time-travelling (not that I've ever done so).

Entries from the past provide a background to contrast the present me and the previous me as if to say, "You've changed."

As to the extent of change and the kind of it, I'm still pretty uncertain. But I'm quite happy with my discovery because we always pretend to remain the same that we prevent ourselves from moving forward. May it be good or bad, we just have to embrace that change in us rather than be stuck as someone we no longer recognize.

With that said, I guess I no longer am the same daring teen when this blog first started.

But who I am now could not be without being that teen back in 2005. And before 2011 ends, I would like to relish the moment that I came to understand a bit more and welcome the path that another year will bring. So that when that time comes, I'll be prepared to accept whatever lies ahead.




No comments: