Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Escaflowne The Movie

ESCAFLOWNE THE MOVIE (2000)
Directed by: Kazuki Akane
Japanese Cast: Sakamoto Maaya, Tomokasu Seki, Jouji Nakata
Distributed by: Omega Project
Produced by: Sunrise in association with BONES
Presented by: Bandai Visuals and Sunrise

Summary:

Hitomi Kanzaki is having a hard time with her life and just wishes it to fade away. By wishing so, she quitted the track team, ignored her friends, wrote a suicidal note and skipped classes. She continues to desire to be free from her earthly sufferings until her aspiration was granted when she was called as the “Wing Goddess” by the leader of the Black Dragon Clan who is known as Lord Folken Fanel. Responding to the call of Lord Folken as the Wing Goddess, Hitomi was brought to Gaea by being transported inside the infamous armor named as Escaflowne. Puzzled, Hitomi was rescued by the last descendant of the Dragon Clan Kings Van Fanel and the rest of the Abaharaki warriors. Together, they have surpassed different obstacles plotted by the Black Dragon Clan in the race towards the
destruction or salvation of Gaea.

Comments:

This was my first encounter with the Vision of Escaflowne as a whole. At first, I thought it’s going to be difficult for me to catch the fleet of the story but when I went on watching, I felt as if I know the whole story and all. Even if you’re new to the story of Vision of Escaflowne, you’re going to be able to relate and understand what it is all about. It was like the summary of the episodes of the Vision of Escaflowne. I also loved the songs embedded into the movie like the chants and the main song “Yubiwa” which was sung by Maaya Sakamoto. It really fits the puzzle, I must say.
In terms of the graphics and visual effects, I’m really amazed especially with the drawings of the mecha! The animation is realistic and I’m also quite impressed by the visual effects used.
Though the movie also contains some minor violence, it’s quite relevant to the storyline. If you are easy offended by such small scenes, well, I cannot say anything more.


No comments: