Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Eenie Mini Minnie Moe

To UP or not to UP?

This is a question I’ve been asking myself since the announcement of the qualifiers of the University of the Philippines College Admission Test (UPCAT). I, thankfully, passed the said examinations but unfortunately, I didn’t get the degree I really wanted. Adding up to the gravity of the situation is the fact that I also earned admission to the Ateneo de Manila University wherein I snagged a spot in the degree of my first choice.

Choosing between the two institutions is a big circumstance for me because I know that my future relies on this decision I am about to make. Before, it didn’t occur to me that I would seriously consider Ateneo for UP is the dream school for me. But after months of weighing the pros and cons, I found that it’s really difficult to choose because the said institutions have their own strong and weak points.

Sigh. If only life is not being complicated by processes which were invented to speed up the proceedings of human dealings supposedly, I guess I could just attend both. But as we all know, you cannot have it all. I do have to choose and you know what I hate most? Choosing.

They say that man is intelligent and lucky because he is endowed by the power of choice. Probably, yes. But as I see things now, as human life progresses coupled by the heights of technology, choosing becomes more and more complicated. In the ancient times, man would just probably have to decide whether to eat mango or apple. In these modern days, today’s choice is stringed to the future and so on. Life is supposed to be simple but when we often consider unnecessary details, things get complicated. Of course, it will be very difficult not to see that extra stuff in life. It adds thrill to our lives right?

Anyway, I still have at least two weeks to work on this dilemma. My SAT subject tests results are yet to come tomorrow so, maybe another option is about to pop between the Maroon and the Eagle. Keep you fingers closed and pray for me and all those who are caught in the tangles of education cliques. If it was just my parents who are to decide where I am to study, they’d immediately enroll me into Ateneo because they fear that I might turn into a radical but diploma-less activist due to the radical and independent environment of UP. But of course, everything depends on what I want (thank God for such parents).

So much for worrying about the future. Before I flip to another chapter of my life, I would still want to cherish the last moments that I am to be an Anthonian. Why hurry if I still have a chance to enjoy myself when I’m still young and in high school. You’ve got to love high school. ;-)

Sweetness,

Allyne

P.S. So you’re actually waiting for mushiness? A few more hours and you’ll get your dose of fresh and creamy love – ‘tis Hearts’ Day!

No comments: