Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Open Door

Someday, I’ll grow old and somewhat forgetful.

If I am to forget my high school days, I want to at least remember two things – friends and graduation.

By this time, I’m already an official college student. As Nelly Furtado said ‘all good things come to an end’ and this means that I am to start a new and better sojourn.

I could care less of the graduation ceremony for it was just a rehearsed manifestation of our transition from high school to college. When I mean graduation, I am pertaining to the journey and growth I have gone through the course of four years in secondary education. I became happy, frustrated, hurt, experienced and mature during the process. I gained new friends, looked up to great educators, found people who share my interests, honed my skills while discovering new ones and now, I am treasuring all the experiences I had.

Thank you, God, my parents, classmates, teachers, friends, perhaps some foes and all the great souls who made my high school days meaningful. I appreciate all the help and assistance you’ve showered me especially during the times of struggle and triumph.

Now that I am to take on another road, I am still in need of all of you guys because I couldn’t have done it without you. This may be a goodbye but I still hope to see you along the lengthy path towards my professional life.

From being a lassie, I’ve become a girl. Now, I am a teen struggling to become a woman.

Be sure to be there during my transformation.

Sayonara, High School…

No comments: