Saturday, July 05, 2008

A Plunge on Blue and White

Four weeks.

I'm sure you are about to hunt me down if I still won't update this time. Teehee!

Enough vanity and let's get straight to details.

Not updating for more than a month is totally not me. Everyone who's been with me through my four-year blogging stint knows how I just type the words I can think of and share it, whether it is about the funny-looking statue I passed by somewhere, the trip I had with my family, school work overload or simply random thoughts that I just want to share and/or vent. To think that I survived not accounting anything in this blog, the world must be upside down! Since the world is not upside-down (well, the last time I checked, that is), there is a very good reason behind my hiatus from the blog-sphere and it comes in two words – university life.

Yep, gone are the days of petty worries and childish wants – university is a step closer to reality. But of course, university life is where the fun starts especially when you become an official Atenean. I can hear you thinking along the lines of 'akala ko ba UP ka?' but the whole UP-turned-Ateneo chapter in my life made me realize something very important – the great things happen unexpectedly. Okay, so many people think that Ateneans are coƱio, rich, snob and all other upper society stereotypes that are too many to think of, let alone type here. SO NOT TRUE. You won't enjoy college life if you fill your head with silly perceptions without first-hand basis. I won't deny that before finally deciding on Ateneo, the idea of 'being left-out' also bothered me but when I thought about it, I was like, 'what the hell am I worrying about?'. And now, I enjoy each day with 24 new friends. Making new friends is one great way to enjoy college. Check out XX2's block pics during the OrSem. But we were not complete here. We are 25 in our block but here we are only 24 because the other person was still residing in the 'most famous house in Philippine television'. Speaking of friends, one of the reasons whyI wasn't able to write down anything for most of June is because of the continuous set of activities for freshmen that robbed me most of my energy. From the registration to course selection, to OrSem, everything is by the students for the students and that factor really makes things more interesting. FYI, the term 'course' is equal to what we call 'subjects' back in high school in contrast to the popular context when people ask college students 'anong course mo?' and expect an answer like 'bs psych po or nursing po'. The previous sentence was so out of topic and not to mention boring but hey, it's a piece of information worth knowing.

So I'm a BS Health Sciences (HSc) major. And you are like 'anu yun?' in your head. Well, it's not your typical pre-med school degree program – it's Chemistry-intensive coupled with advanced mathematics. Nope, people here are not nerds. Okay, so maybe we are a little but come on, everyone has their own streak of “nerdness”. Besides, Hsc peeps are geared towards med school as we lack doctors in our country, swear. Enough of that blah talk about the future. Now is much important.

New environment calls for changes and adjustments. I'll admit that I'm still adjusting but think about this: when it's your first time doing something or going somewhere, remember that you're not the only one who's having the 'first-day blues', everybody feels that too from time to time. But don't go all the way at once since you are not yet sure of what's to come. Take it one at a time.

I remembered something. Tomorrow is the opening of season 71 of UAAP wherein the first basketball game is between Ateneo and La Salle. I wanted to watch but it's a Sunday and besides, I don't have tickets for the game. I'll probably just watch the game on tv and see how Ateneans (and La Salle too)chant school spirit away.

I'm now past the 'wow-everything-is-so-new-to-me' stage so I guess you'll be seeing/viewing me more often from now on and hopefully, I'll be back to my regular blog frequency.

Sweetness,
Allyne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umbrella ng Inquirer Vol. 23 No. 211, dated Saturday, July 5, 2008:

SPORTS/A22
71st UAAP
season kicks
off today

Madalas magkatypo sa Inquirer kahit sa frontpage. Pero ganun din tayong bloggers. Sinong mali???

Peace Ia...hahaha...

(Nga pala, check mo yung Inquirer na nabanggit. Sakto yung pagkakaquote ko. Pati yung style. Pwera lang sa font face:)