Saturday, May 31, 2008

Season Finale

How ironic.

When summer was supposed to end, I found myself going gaga here and there just to be able to attend all the up and coming rendezvous with my family, chill-out moments with my high school friends and weird, spur-of-the-moment gimmicks with random acquaintances.

To tell the truth, this summer is the worst I had in my sixteen years of existence. Heck, I spent most of my time at home due to the unstable weather condition. It’s summer yet it always rains hard to the point that I feel like having a jet lag. My body is conditioned that this season is supposed to be hot and activity-filled but really, it’s raining. All I did was read (not that I mind doing so) but my life already lacks thrill. A rainy summer just made me sad. Much as I love the rain, I’m so not ready for it this time. So much for my happy summer before hitting university life…

Though I really sound pessimistic right now, I’ve had my share of exciting and fun-filled moments. Are you ready?

I'm lovin' this cute ensemble from Juana.I’m not really a shopping-is-my-hobby type but when I get into the zone, I only have eyes for über kawaii stuff. Contrary to popular belief, despite to the socio-economic predicament we are currently experiencing, it is not impossible to find cute and wearable clothes at affordable prices. Actually, I found this clothing shop at the popular 168 mall. The name of the shop was Juana (they have three stalls at different areas of the mall) and they sell different styles of blouses for every shapes and sizes at great prices starting at P250. I fell so in love with this black, cute lolita-ish blouse. It’s so cute that even my Dad (who’s really picky with what I wear) agreed on it. Gosh, I had so much fun with that shop that I bought two more blouses from them. It’s for university, you know, since we don’t wear uniforms anymore and my dad disapproves the t-shirt and pants attire that I am planning to wear everyday. So now, I already have seven pieces of blouses. And I admit it – I had fun trying clothes on.
I'm gonna miss this Coro bud of mine.
You guys know that I was an active member of the high school choir and recently, we scheduled this mini get-together. I felt so thrilled because after two months, we all finally got to see each other. Although I didn’t get to see everyone, the feeling of just going back to the music room is enough. I just hope that I’d be able to have the chance to enjoy their company once again especially now that school is about to begin. I’ll really miss Coro.

You bet that I’m sure going to miss my closest high school friends especially that we are now headed to different paths in life. And so before that fated moment, it’s totally great that we managed to meet up and use up the time to make memories and have fun together. Though this sounds cheerless, I’m not really feeling sad ‘coz we did so many happy things. We caught up with each other’s happenings, we ate together, had a group pic, went to the arcade center (though all I did was laugh, watch and cheer), watched the movie 21 while occasionally making noise inside the theater, chatted some more, gawked at Ray’s house, played a round of Uno Stack-o, went crazy while singing at the videoke, ate popcorns and turon with Coke Zero, had a videoke battle wherein we, girls, lost (those guys…we should hold a rematch) and just took in the moments. Yep, I’ll be missing you guys. You know who you are.

After my little adventures this summer, the sun finally radiated the heat it is supposed to let out the whole summer. Too bad, summer season is ending. Well, better be late than never. Recently, I heard this Vanessa Carlton song entitled “White Houses”. It is so fitting. Here it goes…

The summer's all in bloom
The summer is ending soon

It's alright and it's nice not to be so alone
But I hold on to your secrets in white houses

The final verdict: I’m happy.

Sweetness,
Allyne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wuii haha. magandang idea yan ah. look-back? sige sige. baka mabanggit ko yang napakagandang idea mo sa malapit na hinaharap.

good luck sa ateneo =)